If you are trying to get an opt-in
email list going for you website, you might be wondering
where to start. The most important rule to understand is
that you must persuade your website visitors to let you
have their, oftentimes guarded and protected, email
Remember, a lot of people surfing the web these days are
pretty internet savvy. They are aware of spam, hate spam
and do not want spam in their inbox… ever. If they do
not feel they are getting something out of joining your
email list then they will leave your site without leaving
you their info. Don’t let this happen to you!
Follow these 11 steps and the emails will start rolling
1. Have your visitors sign up to receive your free
newsletter. Offer articles, tips and advice on the chosen
2. Have them sign-up to get access to download a free
ebook. The subject of the ebook should be relevant to your
target audience. Write an ebook or find one at an online
ebook directory that you can give away.
3. You can give your visitors a free membership inside
your member's only website. Give them their username and
password via email.
4. Hold a free contest or sweepstakes. All they have to do
is sign up to be entered.
5. Offer your visitors free consulting services or price
quotes. Provide a form where they can ask you questions
and submit their information.
6. Give away something for signing up. People love free
stuff. Give away an ebook, a t-shirt, consulting services,
whatever you want.
7. Have visitors fill out a survey on your website. Offer
a free gift as an incentive to complete the form.
8. Offer a free online service from your website. They
have to sign up to receive the service.
9. Host free classifieds. Grab their e-mail address, then
let them post their ad.
10. Offer a free training course via email. They gotta
sign up if they want the course.
11. Let their voices be heard. When they sign up, give
them access to a forum, chat room, or guestbook.
Make sure to provide a privacy link where they can click
and read that their email address is safe with you and you
won’t sell it to anyone. Also include that they can
opt-out at anytime they don’t want to receive your
emails anymore. Most people won’t read through the
their before giving out their info.
Getting your visitors to leave you their email address is
not hard to do if done right. If people think they will
get the information they are looking for, then they will
most likely hand over the goods.